[OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:52:48 +0000
Ah I've not owned an OM1 - I have owned an OM10, 20, 30, 40, OM2 and OM2 SP.
Hence my thinking. Sorry for any misinformation.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Ian Lowman <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions
>Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:58:05 -0500
>
>Allan Mee wrote:
> > Has the mirror locked up on the Om1? I'm assuming u know Olympus cameras
>-
> > but maybe not - they 'suffer' from mirror lock up if the battery runs
>too
> > slow -
><snip>
>
>This is wrong. The OM-1(n) is purely mechanical as far as the shutter
>and stopping down of the lens goes. The only need for a battery is to
>operate the light meter (should you wish to use it). This is one of my
>favo(u)rite things about the OM-1 (and OM-3) cameras.  I would echo the
>other replies in recommending a CLA (Clean, Lube, Adjust) from one of
>the recommended experts on this list.
>
>Cheers,
>Ian

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!