[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:17:09 -0800
Nikon uses a phase detection focusing system. The reason it does not
have to hunt for focus and the reason it is so quick is that it can
calculate exactly how far the lens needs to be moved based on phase
differences to focus on the subject under the selected sensor.
Essentially, it can calculate the distance underneath any sensor from
its phase difference.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA