[OM] Re: Fangs and Dark-side temptations

Subject: [OM] Re: Fangs and Dark-side temptations
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:34:36 +0100
>Lest anybody think I was trashing either camera, totally dismiss
>those negative thoughts.  Both the 5D and D200 are very fine
>cameras--of which I'd successfully be able to use and wouldn't
>have any doubts of success.

So much so that I must confess I have just bought a D200... Thanks to all those
on the list I have pestered with my questions, after much agonizing I have
finally made my choice.

One of the things that has drawn me away from the E-1 (in addition to the
meager 5 Mpixels) is the lack of AF prime lenses - well, with the N* or C*
bodies, there are plenty. And I'm happy to say that with the Sigma 15mm which I
had tried a few days ago on the E-1, I have found a 21mm equivalent for my D200
(more like 18-19mm, actually, and surprisingly not too much distortion).

>The D200's grip is
>ever-so-slightly deeper and more angular which gives my
>figertips a home.  Also, the thumb location is recessed which
>gives the thumb a comfortable pinch to the camera too. The
>handling and control layout of the D200 is so much like the E-1.

I like that the rear wheel is much closer to the right side of the camera - I
can reach it easily! I have small hands, and on the E-1 I had to move the
position of my hand to reach either the front or the rear wheel; not so with
the D200.

I tried the 5D and despite the superlative image quality it never felt "right"
in my hand.

Bernard