[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:56:08 +0200
>I just cleaned my 5D for the first time and now I don't believe the 5D
>has a dust problem.

I have just asked about this question on the Luminous Landscape forum:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12656
The consensus appeared to be that some 5D bodies, at least among the first
produced ones, had a dirty mirror chamber due to remaining filings, dirty
factory conditions or something similar. If you cleaned them, the problem did
not reappear, at least not any more than any other DSLR (except 4/3!).

Another point is that it is probably better to switch the camera off before
changing lenses (so the sensor is not charged), although one user said this
does not matter on Canon cameras.

Bernard