[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:38:30 -0700
housqa wrote:
> hi all,
>
> anyone in Europe?

Many list members are in Europe.
> how about the E400? what's the price? and what's your true feeling about the
> camera.

There was a great deal of discussion about the E-400 when it was
announced. You can read it in the archives, if you wish. I haven't heard
a price yet, and it isn't due in stores in Europe quite yet.
> I am now use E330+1454+OM50/1.8+OM35/2+OM135/2.8+OM300/4.5,
>
> Later, I want to use E400+OM-1n+Zuiko(digital) lens
It isn't possible to use ZD lenses on OM bodies with any current or
likely future adaptation.
> . but, the E400 is availiable only in Europe.

Initially. Although not entirely clear, it appears it will become
available in N. America after European demand is met and/or the stock of
E-500s that OlyAmerica may be sitting on has been sold down.
> Anyone interested in this lovely small DSLR?

Lots of interest. It looks like Oly may be the first to bring something
like the OM system and like what they promised about 4/3 when they
started it into reality. Of course, many list members are in N. America
and elsewhere around the globe where the camera's availability is
uncertain. A lot of them are angry about that.

Moose