[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:53:45 -0400
I just cleaned my 5D for the first time and now I don't believe the 5D
has a dust problem.  I do introduce some dust into the finder sometimes
when I change screens but that has always been the case even with OMs.
Just ignore it.  A little piece of Swiffer Duster works well for
cleaning screens and the prism.

It took me several tries to do the sensor cleaning because I was
re-introducing almost as much dust as I was removing.  I learned after
awhile not to expect perfection.  A couple of small dust spots left is
OK because you almost never see them anyhow.

I bought some Pec-Pads and Eclipse (total about $15) and made a tool
from a small beaten-up spatula from the kitchen drawer.  I should have
stopped after the first two swipes but kept trying to make it 100%.  I
think I'll add a make-up mask brush to my tools soon as well described
here (and for cleaning film as well as sensors)
<http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_to/a_Brush_Your_Sensor/a_Brush_Your_Sensor.pdf>

Chuck Norcutt