[OM] Which digital system -- lenses/sensor/brand

Subject: [OM] Which digital system -- lenses/sensor/brand
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Oct 2006 16:31:52 -0000
I've been debating for quite a while about which digital camera to go with -
right now my choices seems to be
pentax (interesting lenses and i generally like the brand but
         weakest of the group - and they use sony sensor)
Olympus (good set of new lenses - but high noise sensor)
Canon (best? sensor but crappy wide angle )
Sony (zeiss lenses (which I like) - but I hate sony as a brand)
Nikon (dislike the brand and lenses (not resolution but image feel - no
       nikon for me)
--
Is it technically possible that the E series will eventually come out with a
camera that have low noise at high'ish ISO? Perhaps not as good as canon but

I'm not going to buy right now - probably in 12 months I'll have to wave good
bye to film - just the trend - harder to get it processed (correctly).

Btw when I say wide angle - i'm not a super wide freak - My range is 28ish
(sometime 24) - but i'm happy with 35. For an aps sensor that's a 21mm lens.

Hum.... where to go - wonder if anything new and wonderful will be made public
in the next 12 months...

Me.