[OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:52:57 -0400
Rob Harrison wrote:
> I had a look at a F30 in the shop today, and realized that I will not be
> able to operate one of them new-fangled digicams with no viewfinder without
> my READING GLASSES! Crikey! Unless of course I hold it about 30 inches away.
> Or rely on the Œbeep-beep¹ to tell me the shot is in focus. And it appears
> pretty much any digital P&S, if it has a viewfinder at all, has one that is
> virtually useless. (Of the ones I looked at anyway.) It sucks getting
> old(er.) So I¹m back to either scanning film (from, for example, my P&S film
> cameras with real, useable viewfinders!) or waiting for the next E-thingy or
> E-400 to reach our shores. Dang.
>
> Rob in Seattle

Yes it really sucks but consider the alternative.

My eyes (near vision) started to 'age' in my late 40's. That really
pissed me off as my vision had been perfect 'til then. First reading
glasses then the far vision went a tad off, so I got progressive lens
glasses that I wear all the time. They've worked very well for me for 15
years of reading and riding and I'm sure I can deal with a digicam screen.

You may want to consider progressive lens glasses with just a near
correction on the lower portion.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)