[OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:07:17 -0400
To each his own.  My optometrist finally convinced me to try a pair of
progressives last year.  I was very reluctant but he convinced me I'd be
like Moose and never look back.  Well, I absolutely hated those glasses
and couldn't stand to wear them.  Took them back a couple of days later
and insisted I go back to my separate glasses for reading and distance.

Of course, a major difference may well be that I don't absolutely need
glasses for distance vision.  I can still focus OK beyond a couple of
feet but astigmatism limits the sharpness of what I see.  Sunny 16 helps
a lot.  When using a camera I'm able to get by with the dioptric
correction in the eyepiece and my reading glasses slung low on my nose.

Chuck Norcutt