[OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (kinda) Disappointing Discovery
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:12:31 -0700
I wear contacts, and have for 20 years now. One is now corrected for far
distance, one for about computer screen distance--arm's length or so. I need
the reading glasses for anything closer than that. I guess they do make
bifocal contacts, but my prescription is complicated enough as it is, with
off-axis astigmatism. And I have really high standards for visual acuity.
Pretty much only one brand of contacts work for me. (The most expensive, of
course.) I won't give up the contacts. Glasses in Seattle are just way too
much hassle, and I can't see nearly as well with glasses as I do with
contacts. Peripheral vision is better with contacts as well--especially
wearing my m/c helmet.

-Rob in Seattle