[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:10:10 -0400
Let me steer this thread back to where it started.  I was more than a
little surprised that whomever you're trying to sell to can apparently
tell the difference between a 5 and 10 MP image.  Or can they?

Are you sending them 5MP images with 5MP Oly EXIF data or are you
sending them ressed-up 10MP images sans EXIF?  Are you telling me the
folks who buy this stuff can tell the difference by looking at the
ressed-up image?  That they can see "interpolation artifacts"?  I guess
maybe they can.  The difference between 5 and 10MP is a 40% resolution
increase.  But I didn't think the editors were that smart or observant.
  And maybe all you really need is a better RIP.

So, what's the right interpretation?

Chuck Norcutt