[OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling

Subject: [OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:33:33 -0700
I hear what you are saying.  But I think their status on the marked would be
considerably better if they had released "E-1n" with larger sensor and/or
larger LCD, if that is what was needed to make it more feasible for the
buyers.  It can't be that expensive to adapt an already existing body, and
this would also have shown that accessories for the old E-1 would probably
be compatible with later models, so it wouldn't have had to be that more
expensive due to minimal R&D.  But I don't have a clue on how realistic this
is, if they had any good sensors available, or if it is simply impossible to
fit things like larger LCD in the current E-1 body design.   And I have no
clue how these "market things" work, or what the demography wants today.  I
just know that I am very very happy with my E-1 as it is, just wish
sometimes it had more MPs.

Would be fun to know if Olympus ever considered this.