[OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling

Subject: [OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:07:46 -0700
How much would they sell it for and who would it compete against?
Olympus has already shown they do not consider current owners part of
their market. So your opinion does not count any more than the
opinion of OM owners counted. A camera body that was originally
priced at $1700 which was probably already considerably below their
original intent has probably not made any profit for Olympus at the
prices it finally settled in with. So a cheaper than $1000 camera
needs a new cheaper, more profitable body and a $2000 body needs more
competitive metering, autofocus and speed as well as being more
economically constructed so that it is still profitable at the end of
the very long Olympus replacement cycle. They need a new body to
separate it entirely from the body that is now selling for less than
$700.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA