[OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.

Subject: [OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:38:47 -0700 (PDT)
> But why not let anyone outside Oly America ship you an
> E-400?

Although it is a possibility, I'm less inclined to do so for
several reasons. Least of which, I don't feel as though I should
have to. It's absolutely ludicrous to have to go gray-market to
get around the extreme idiocy of the domestic operation.  But it
is a possibility if the dollars work. I do like the shape/size
of the camera.  And 10MP in the fatter 4/3 format is
intruiging...  Of course, nobody has seen the thing yet...

I think I'm looking for a stop-gap camera until I'm ready to
dive into a major investment.  I really am hoping the Pentax 645
Digital is it.  The Nikon is an option, but I don't want to go
with dueling systems in the meantime. I only want to change
systems once and be done with it.  Neither the Nikon nor the
Canon system seem to fit the end-game for me--although nobody
would criticize me for going with either.

AG-Moosie-Schnozz

http://mail.yahoo.com