[OM] Re: Davis and Sanford Tripods

Subject: [OM] Re: Davis and Sanford Tripods
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:16:21 -0400
Ali, D&S have been around a LONG time.  I just looked at the Tiffen
site and it looks like they've supplemented their long-time heavy-duty
'pods with cheaper ones.

I had one years ago that was quite solid if not very flexible.

One interesting note -- warranties look pretty good -- if they
actually stand behind them.  I found the Gitzo "Lifetime And Beyond"
warranty to be a joke and not a good one.  Bogen doesn't really want
to talk about models that were sold before they took over
distribution.  To their credit, they do offer a trade-in toward
current models if you send in an old one for service.

FWIW/ScottGee1