[OM] Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck

Subject: [OM] Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -0500
> Clean 10MP?  Well, in a way, yes.  A FF scan is over 50MB which
> is something like 16MP.  By applying GEM during the scan and
> then following up with a downsize (dumming down the image), the
> image is pretty similar to that from a decent digicam of equal
> pixel size.
>
> Maybe I'm getting my answer here.
>
> AG
I'm with you. I am on the verge of giving up on Olympus. I'll admit that
those new leicasonic lenses look about as interesting as any I've seen, but
there's just no body to put them on, unless you can't buy the zoom without
the body, which I don't want anyway. I would even consider getting the
lenses and an E400/500 to carry myself over, but don't see the bundle broken
anytime soon.

On the other hand, I shoot a lot of 160, and I love it. As you all know, I
've narrowed myself down to three primary films, Plus-x, 160NC and Provia,
and a couple of others when speed is necessary. Now that my MultiPro is back
from the hospital, I can get a computer choking 650 meg file from a 6x6 neg
at 16 bit, which I downsize quickly. Those scans look great.

I still would like a digital, but now, I'm focused on something for general
use that I can easily carry on and off an airplane. That changes everything.

Bill Pearce