[OM] Re: OT - electric car

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - electric car
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:34:26 -0700 (PDT)
> I am completely sold on diesel, Winsor.  My little Beemer
> still impresses me with its performance...

The other night we test-drove a Ford Powerstroke Deisel F350
duelly 4-door mega-truck.  Well, the owner had it "somewhat"
modified.  Oversided exhaust, computer reprogram, various and
assundry performance-enhancements like air-intakes, injectors,
etc.

Once the thing was warmed up sufficiently, I waited patently at
a stoplight and then punched it.  Typical deisel powered trucks
tend to make a lot of grunting noises but fail to do anything
but whine.

Well, it took about two-seconds for the turbo to be spooled up
enough from the slow idle, but once it kicked in the thing flat
out flew!  Faster than most production vehicles of any kind!  I
was doing 50 before clearing the 4-lane intersection!  Had I
kept the RPM up before launch, I'm sure I would have been able
to cook almost any rice-burner in a 0-60.  That engine torque
was awesome!

It was dark so I couldn't tell if I left a cloud of smoke behind
me.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com