[OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how often

Subject: [OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how often?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 03:25:56 -0700
Ali Shah wrote:
> "several enlarging lenses which work well"

You missed mportant parts of the sentence. "On the bellows, with a
variety of adapters, I can mount Zuikos, Nikkors and several enlarging
lenses which work well."
> Wayne,
>
> Can you elaborate on this (what type of lenses, etc)?

Like he says, enlarging lenses, as in lenses designed for use on
enlargers. Made by Zeiss, Rodenstock, Nikon and others. Available in all
sorts of focal lengths and different qualities. Because of the decline
in darkroom work, they are now relatively inexpensive used.
> How do you adapt these?

With an adapter from the thread of the enlarger lens to the mount on the
front of the bellows. Details depend on the lens and bellows.

> I know someone that adapted a lens from an old TLR on her C^anon but that is
> perhaps the only odd thing I have come across.

She did an odd thing. This is not an odd thing. Enlarging lenses have
been used on bellows forever. Like macro lenses, they are designed for
closer distances than regular lenses, high resolution and flat field.

They have no auto aperture mechanism, so they have to be stopped down
manually. With an auto bellows and dual cable release, auto macro lenses
are somewhat more convenient to use.

Moose