[OM] Re: [now OT] Re: I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400,

Subject: [OM] Re: [now OT] Re: I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400, yet . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:22:33 -0700
Steve Dropkin wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>

>> "She drove away in my pickup with the dog lickin' her ___ and left me
>> with a rusted out Toyota with three flat tires and an empty tank and I
>> feel like when my momma left and I'm fixin' to die" just isn't west coast.
>>

> You forgot to mention the gun :-o  And no self-respecting cowboy
> would be stuck with a Toyota old enough to be rusted out.
That's why it's so awful! By leaving him with such a vehicle, she has
stolen his self respect as well.

And I suppose you are right, subtlety is wrong in such a song. I would
have to spell out how the tires got flat - gun - bang x 3 - get it? Gal,
gun, pickup and dog-gone. And the Toyota is a crappy little hatchback,
no bed, no gun rack. This guy is going to flush himself down the
outhouse. :-)

Moose