[OM] Re: [now OT] Re: I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400,

Subject: [OM] Re: [now OT] Re: I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400, yet . . .
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:15:56 -0500
Moose wrote:

> "She drove away in my pickup with the dog lickin' her ___ and left me
> with a rusted out Toyota with three flat tires and an empty tank and I
> feel like when my momma left and I'm fixin' to die" just isn't west coast.

You forgot to mention the gun :-o  And no self-respecting cowboy
would be stuck with a Toyota old enough to be rusted out. Yet. Wait
'til Toyota enters NASCAR in 2007 ... :-)

Aside from its dubious connection with "Western", I would argue that
the current hitmakers have little to do with "Country" either.
Exchange the pedal-steel guitars on some "country" songs for some
other instrument and all you'd have is "pop". Shania Twain has as
much to do with "country" as Def Leppard or Bryan Adams (other acts
Twain's husband ["Mutt" Lange] has produced). JMHO.

Steve