[OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:31:32 -0700
My experience is the opposite. I live in a mild climate and 3
DieHards never completed the warranty period before dying. The Pro
Rata warranty never seemed to work to my advantage. I had bought the
batteries through the catalog, but the warranty used a higher store
price and a calculation that reduced my portion to almost nothing. I
really think it a very ordinary battery with a premium price and a
money making warranty system.  I buy anything else now, usually what
CR recommends. My 36 month Subaru battery just expired after almost 5
years. Pretty nice original equipment.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA