[OM] Re: 'Cheap-o Zuiko? Or Leitz?

Subject: [OM] Re: 'Cheap-o Zuiko? Or Leitz?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:18:55 -0400
Maybe that's a later refinement.  I took the number from Gary's tests of
the 50/1.4 where he comments that the lens in question has a serial
number > 1,100,000.

Actually, I have the makings for a test right here.  I have three 1.4's.
  My original silver nose bought circa 1978 with serial 462,xxx and two
black nose multicoated with serial numbers 1,089,xxx and 1,166,xxx.  I
wonder if 1,100,000 was also the dividing line for the "MC" designation.
1,089,xxx is marked "MC" and 1,166,xxx is not.

Chuck Norcutt