[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:16:32 -0700
Geez. Look at the specs.

Nikon: 11 groups of 12 elements, no macro, min focus 1.3 feet, max
aperture 3.5
Tamron: 14 groups of 15 elements, macro zoom, min focus 1.6 feet, Max
aperture 3.8

They also have different dimensions. The Nikon is smaller and
slightly heavier. The zoom rings go in the opposite direction. The
focusing scales are different(actually the Tamron looks better).

Remind me not to go mushroom hunting with you.  :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA