[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:06:09 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I haven't heard these 24MP rumors but I guess that may be the next step.
> I recall Reichmann (of Luminous-Landscape) lamenting that the 16MP
> bodies were really stretching the capability of some of the lenses.  I
> wonder can a lens designed originally for 35mm film resolve 24MP.

Geez, I really hate to sound obstreperous, folks, but...who NEEDS 24 MP?
No, seriously, I suppose it's a nice thing if you want to pay the freight,
but, somewhere around 12 MP would do about as good a job as any reasonable
person would want to do!

Seems to me there's a point beyond which it's primarily bragging rights, not a
discernible improvement in quality.

Not so?

keith whaley