[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:39:04 -0700
With 39MP medium format I am not sure that is completely true. It is
true you run into the image quality wall if you keep upping the
pixels without increasing the size of the sensor, but that wall keeps
getting moved back a bit at a time. And of course it is bragging
rights. Marketing likes that.

My impression with the results of the MP race has been that you
really have to nearly double the megapixels to make a significant
improvement in image quality. I have seen at least one review by a
very careful guy that seemed to indicate there is only a very small
difference in image quality between a 12MP ND2X and a 16MP C1DsII, at
least at reasonable ISOs.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA