[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:41:52 -0400
Hah!  Another participant in the UV/skylight religous wars.

The reason no filters are attached to the lens is that no physical
filters are required if you're talking color filters.  As we just
discussed the only physical filters required for digital are polarizers
and UV.  But I'm not talking the weak UV people normally attach
(unnecessarily in my opinion) fulltime to protect (ha, ha) their lenses.
For serious blue removal (warming) you need the 81 series of filters.

When it comes to color filters you have all the color info available to
you for post procesing the image many different ways to your heart's
content... unless of course you shot JPEG with a camera supplied filter
algorithm.  Then the full color information is lost and you take
whatever the camera decided to give you.

Chuck Norcutt