[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:15:46 +0800
I think so too, Wayne.
UV radiation gives a very subtle sickly blue cast, which I doubt
post-editing can remove effectively without affecting all other colours.
Maybe someone can come up with a matrix method to reduce it. Matrix as in
add and then subtract back.

Talking about filters for digital cameras, I have been emphatically told
that you cannot use non-multicoated ones. Any comments on this, guys?
Although one should always be prepared and have a UV+ or 1B filter on at all
times anyway.

On 01/09/06, Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > polarization and haze removal.  I'm not even sure about haze removal
> > which is mostly removing excess blue.
> >

> Yep, from what I remember reading the excess UV registers as blue so this
> can't be fixed properly in post processing.  If you reduce blue overall
> you
> upset the balance of the other colours (and the real blue).
>
> ...Wayne

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim