[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 23:19:15 +0800
This brings up one little thing I found out about the E-1's mayer colour
filter inside the KAF sensor, which Kodak says is made from pigment colours.
I've just read the Jul/Aug edition of Digital PhotoPro and there was an
article comparing pigment with dye colour inks. The reason why I brought
this issue up is I'm trying to line it up with the case of comparing
built-in filters (as in the E-500) and external ring-type filters.

I'm wondering also whether there is any difference only in terms of
durability. I think that as far as visual differences, the margins might not
be that visible to most of our eyes....

On 01/09/06, Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting that you mention filters. I have been
> wondering and havent had time to test. The E-500 has
> built-in filters but wouldnt it be better to
> physically attach a filter to the lens? Will the
> physical filter produce a better photo vs. built-in
> filters? I use a UV filter at all times but I am
> talking about Yellow, Orange, Red, etc filters.
>
> I took a couple of photo workshops through the local
> university and the guy who teaches the classes does
> not believe in filters.

Strange guy.

Particularly not UV/Skylight
> filters!

I know people who don't also.

However, I believe protecting the glass on
> the lens is far more important.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx