[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:25:11 -0400
Ouch!!  I mean the expense, not the scratch.  All a scratch does is
scatter a tiny bit of light in direct proportion to its area vs the area
of the front element.  Major scratches are fixed by painting them over
with India ink.  Consider that it's an obstruction.  So is the typically
30% obstruction created by the secondary mirror of a catadioptric system
(mirror lens).  Aethestically you may feel better but no one would have
ever noticed optically.

Chuck Norcutt