[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:40:47 +0800
On 30/08/06, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems to me that making a camera for an especially talented
> handholder certainly limits your customers.

Yes Winsor. Unfortunately the world does impinge on Olympus' ideals and
philosophies. We all came from this ground of thought at Olympus. Maitani
had taught us in a way that actually makes it very difficult for all of us
to come to terms with what the world is forcing us to see things. This is an
infamous issue (problem) at Olympus because we're trying so hard to be pure,
knowing that it probably won't bring even one dollar more to our coffers.

Some other very fine
> photographers admit that they shake to much to hand hold successfully
> using the usual rule. And I doubt Mr. Iwago is that stable shooting
> from a boat.

Yes, true too, but Iwago-san's handshake is firm and steady.....  :)
This guy is extremely used to holding waterpipe lenses.... (that's what we
call these fat fast lenses)

IS/VR is an additional tool that is useful to anyone, I
> think. The power issue is true, but I don't understand the reluctance
> to increase battery size.

Olympus is trying to extend the usability of BLM-1 to rationalise the entire
programme for E-series users.

Winsor
> Long Beach, California, USA
>

> On Aug 29, 2006, at 1:33 PM, khen lim wrote:
>
> > At Olympus - and I do share the same viewpoint - we are constantly
> > debating
> > over the necessity of IS from a true photographic sense because we
> > have pro
> > users who tell us that they don't need them and one of them is a
> > powerful
> > stalwart user, Mitsuaki Iwago who continues to handhold the Zuiko
> > Digital
> > 150/2 with absolutely no problems at all and his images are
> > stunning to say
> > the least. The issue we are fighting against is that one should
> > learn how to
> > handle camera+lens as most have been doing for decades prior to the
> > digital
> > era.
> > Another very strong issue at Olympus is that IS draws power very badly
> > particularly for the in-lens design types and marginally less for
> > CCD-shift
> > types.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx