[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:36:46 +0800
On 30/08/06, Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Welcome Khen,
>
> Are you saying the 11 minus mega pixel E-3 available possibly before 2007
> will be preferred by some people to the C*non 5D with 12.8 mega pixels,
> available since late 2005 ???

Jeff, I'm going to hold my breath and close my eyes...and then say, "Yes."
On saner grounds perhaps, here's a more pragmatic and down-to-earth answer:
Most Canon and Nikon - and I say "most", not "all" - users won't be bothered
and for them, Olympus would always be a distant alternative. Those whose
diets are founded on "Le Passion du Olympus a la E-1" would jump headlong
and get the E-3! :D
The issue of megapixels I'm afraid will always be the same as people using
clockspeeds to define their computer's CPU.
We all know that CPU speed alone doesn't tell the full story of a computer's
performance. So many other factors are as if not even more critical. That is
what Olympus has been so emphatically trying to tell people. As it is don't
let Canon do an "Intel" on all of us. That is what they want you to hear.
It's all big business and like someone also said to me, ".....and so it is
too with Olympus - - big business." To this my response is "we'll all have
to wait and see...."

The E-3 won't have image stabilization. The
> E-3 will probably be more expensive than the E-1 was when it was launched
> but hopefully still cheaper than the current $2700 the 5D is selling for?

 The Canon 5D is well made. The E-3 will be exemplarily well made.

TIA,
> -jeff

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions