[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:40:18 -0400
Don't know why you should feel safer.  The fatality rate per
vehicle/kilometer is about 16% higher in both countries than in the US.

source: International Road Traffic and Accident Database (IRTAD) for
2003 as reported in this Wikepedia article:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_safety>

You definitely don't want to drive in the Slovak Republic where the
fatality rate per vehicle/kilometer is almost 500% greater than the US.

Chuck Norcutt