[OM] Re: OM viewscreens [was E-1 craving]

Subject: [OM] Re: OM viewscreens [was E-1 craving]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:46:18 -0700
I thought the whole 2 series did away with ground glass(well,
plastic) using a superfine microprism instead. That was the
explanation for getting more light because, instead of random scatter
you could direct more of it toward the eye. In this case Oly followed
other makers and the third part bright screen companies that were
supplying mostly to the new autofocus crowd. Less effectiveness in
matte screen focusing was a common complaint for all of them by those
who actually still wanted to focus manually and I thought had less to
do with fineness or coarseness, but with the different screen
technology.

I have thought the problems with focusing digital cameras manually
have less to do with format and more to light enhancing screens
without compensating focusing aids.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA