[OM] Re: E-1 craving

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 craving
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:59:00 -0700
Seems to me you need some things for a back up camera.

Using the same lenses and accessories. You have that with the E-1.

No apparent change in image quality with the back up if you are doing
a photo shoot. That is iffy here. Certainly less resolution and maybe
more noise. If this is not a consideration because you do not do paid
photo shoots where this is important, maybe you do not need a back up.

The most important, for me at least, is that it operate almost
exactly like the main camera. If you really need a back up that will
not confuse or lose a shot because you are not used to it get a
duplicate of the camera you have.

My experience is that a back up camera is just something to carry
around. Never used or needed. For that reason I prefer something
completely different and and very easy to use like a pocket camera
for those times you really don't want to carry the bag with the
lenses and back up camera. Nice for the dinner party or that all day
walk through the old part of Kyoto.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA