[OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Review
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:16:21 -0700 (PDT)
> An interesting article, indeed. The use of VueScan to slightly
> defocus the image seemed like something worth trying.

I tried that, wasn't impressed.

One technique I've done, but found it less necessary with the
V-ED, is to scale the image downward in post.  This averages the
pixels and you end up with an image size similar to the typical
DSLR.  Uprezzed files from this point act and look just like any
other DSLR file.  The original will have slightly more details,
but the apparent sharpness (and grain/noise reduction) is better
with the down/up rezzed file.

Essentially you have to dumb down the image to make it look
better.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com