[OM] Re: some slides

Subject: [OM] Re: some slides
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:33:19 -0700
priit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I decided to scan some slides from six rolls of Sensia 100 I had taken
> earlier this summer, mostly using a 50/1.8. Results are up at:
>
> http://www.softshark.ee/~priit/14/

Some very nice shots! I particularly like the snow and beach shots. Most
of the others suffer from limited scanning quality, particularly blown
highlights. Quality scans would make them much better.
> These are lab scans of framed slides, "as is" more or less. I wasn't
> particularly impressed with how the lab had removed the golden/orange hue
> present in several evening shots,
They really don't have a choice in cheap, automated scans. The equipment
doesn't know what light you want, and can only balance to neutral gray.
> but normally I don't do any
> postprocessing on a computer so I didn't feel very confident about my
> ability to restore those images. Instead I just deleted those that didn't
> work for me in scanned form anymore.

Probably some keepers there, if scanned properly.

Moose