[OM] Re: OT - What I did while mom was in the hospital other than tensio

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - What I did while mom was in the hospital other than tension and boredom.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:42:08 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks, I enjoyed those.  It's amazing how much detail you could pull
> out of the shadows on those brick walls.

I'm sure it wouldn't work for other cameras, being the singular result
of an idiosyncratic curve* and such low noise even at low isos, that one
suddenly discovers other cameras that you thought weren't noisy there, are.

I could actually pull them up further, but wanted to retain the natural
shadows and drama. If you look at 1140, you will see that I pulled up
the piece of concrete building on the right further than the adjacent
brick, both for dramatic effect and to show how much is hidden down
there. LCE and curves also bring up contrast in those areas, so the
detail looks better.
> Best wishes for mom.

Thanks, I meant to mention the outcome so far. She's doing pretty well,
still able to live on her own with some help. Lots of tests have shown
that various likely things aren't wrong, but not what is. With a stent
in the ampula of her bile duct*, maybe she will stop blowing up to
compete with the Michelin man and start losing the excess fluid. Time,
and more test results next week, will tell. In the mean time, she chugs
along in good spirits.

Moose

*There for perfectly good reasons at high isos, to diminish apparent
shadow noise, but odd lower down.

**I'm learning so many things I never wanted to know. ;-)