[OM] Re: Martyn's Olympus Odyssey pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Martyn's Olympus Odyssey pictures
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:54:56 +0100
They claim it's stopped sinking - time will tell :-)

As for the blown highlights I don't know how they can be avoided in an image
which includes both deep shadow & extremely bright sunlight. If you have any
suggestions I'd be interested.

The film was scanned with a Minolta 5400 II at max resolution using viewscan
so I think the original scans should have included pretty much the film had
recorded. Didn't do a lot of processing, just levels, contrast & crop for
most. Naturally they were all massively downsized for the web.

Point out which you think is the worst example & I'll have another go.

Martyn