[OM] Re: silly wacom tablet graphire4 studio xl question

Subject: [OM] Re: silly wacom tablet graphire4 studio xl question
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:52:31 -0400
At 10:43 AM 7/6/2006, AG wrote:
>>...they're addictive those tablets ;)
>
>Agreed.  I won't be without one again.  I use the puck (mouse)
>most of the time, but when doing healing-brush and cloning work
>there is no substitute to the pen.  Even dodging and burning
>isn't too bad with the pen.

I used to use a tablet back in the 80's when I was doing my
own chip layout design and really go used to it. The puck had
an inductive pointer device, so was wireless/batteryless.

I have since purchased the Wacom 6x11 tablet, which is about
the size of another keyboard. If you do any photoshop detail
work, it will save your wrist. My hand was cramping up until
I got a tablet. The 6x11 is right for me, as it is not to large. The
Wacom website tablet recommender kept recommending the
largest tablet. Perhaps if I was a real artist, that would be great,
but for photo rework, for me, was too much. Keyboards, mice
and tablet are important if you spend any real time doing
graphics on the computer. Also, if you ever need to travel,
the 6x11 is not so large it won't fit in the backpack with a
laptop.

Unfortunately, given my time constraints of late, I have not had
any real time to work with my photography.

WayneS