[OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey Update

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey Update
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:43:14 -0700

> Well, to be "brainwashed" in the traditions of the largest fraternity in
> the
> world might not be the worst thing which could happen to a person.   Damn
> good school . . . they accepted you, didn't they?  I'm not an Aggie,
> however my
> youngest daughter graduated there in 1995.  It was not our  first choice
> for
> her, although it was hers.  She made a wonderful  decision!
TAMU is a good school, it was my first choice when I decided to go into grad
school and I was lucky to be accepted.  I knew what I was getting into and I
don't have anything against all the traditions, not at all.  It is just that
I came in there when I was late in my thirties, and at that age you just
aren't as motivated.

> Now, for your aversion to a little gray matter cleansing, I'd say the
> territory into which you have wandered will be the true test of your
> strength.
> Spending much time at all on this list will leave you hopeless
> indoctrinated
> into the thought patterns of the Zuikohead.
>
> Be warned that Zuikoholism is a serious condition, for which there is no
> known cure.
>
> Welcome to the club.  Watch postings for the 12 step meetings in your
> area.
>
> If you are not familiar with the Houston area and want ideas of places to
> photograph, contact me.
>
> <[8^)   Bill Barber
I guess I am beyond repair.  I got my first OM-1 in 1979 and fell in love
instantly.  Added OM-2n in 1982, and they have served me well.  Had them
both overhauled by John in 2001, and still use them.  When the DSLR systems
started to show up I waited until I could buy an E-1, shifting to other
systems never crossed my mind.