[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:13:09 -0700
I haven't had this vibration problem either, at least I have not realized I
had it if it was there.  But most of the time when I am using it, it is very
low and I guess that kind of setup minimizes any vibration.  Of course I
have never used any of the really high end tripods and I don't know how they
compare, just know that there must be a reason why Manfrotto, Bogen, Silk
etc are so popular.

The only problem I have had with my 2903 is when I am using the macro
focusing head.  The weight of the camera is greater than the head lock can
withstand when the arm is extended too far, and the whole thing
creeps/sinks.  I did fix it however with some webbing and locks I got from
the local outdoor shop (similar to the ones on rucksacks).  Works great.  I
guess counterweights will do the same job but this is much lighter and less
hassle to work with.