[OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Phenomenal. I think you just sold another 5D.....
> Just have to get over the idea that it's "camera as
> commodity." That is, I'd be buying something I'd likely use
> up in five or six years, rather than a lifetime choice like
> the OM has been.

I'm starting to come around a little bit on the 5D. But I've
decided that there is no way I'd buy one new. The way Canon
obsoletes models, I should be able to pick one up used in a few
months for a song. The 5D will be yesterday's newspaper as
quickly as the 20D (remember that groundbreaking, end-all,
be-all camera?).

But your point about digital cameras being a commodity is an
unfortunate reality. Frankly, 3-5MP is more than sufficient for
99% of all pictures and will be so for many decades to come.
Even though technology keeps advancing, the uses and users
don't.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com