[OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:49:45 -0500
Chuck,

With your experiences, you only fallback is a white cane.

I got progressives at the age of about 50. I've been generally happy with
them, although I haven't shot a level horizon since. My wife got
progressives and hated them. She works with a computer for a good part of
her day, and they were a problem. When I use a computer, they are less
satisfactory.

A note: mine are glass. My optometrist, who has his own lab, says that it is
not possible to get as accurate perscription with plastic. I don't remember
the difference, but it was fairly noticable.

The chain labs, like lenscrafters don't grind lenses for you, unless
aboslutely necessary. They keep cabinets of pre made lenses, and you depend
on them to come relatively close. That's how things are done in an hour.

Bill Pearce