[OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:29:46 -0400
My optician convinced me last year to go with progressives.  Bent my ear
with the wonderful advantages and I finally relented.  I absolutely
detested them.  Couldn't stand to wear them for 3 minutes.  Since he had
pressured me to do it I returned them and asked for a refund which he
did.  I don't know what the relationship is but he said; "You must be
very claustrophobic.  I should have asked you that first."  Well, he was
right.  I am very claustrophobic.

I can see the focusing points in the viewfinder quite sharply when the
diopter adjustment is at +2 clicks from neutral.  At least that's how it
appears to me.  I assume the problem I'm having is some astigmatism
which isn't allowing me to focus accurately on the fine details and it's
all accentuated by the close distance and largish aperture I'm using.
I'll check that later but even if it proves to be the astigmatism I
won't make any attempt to correct that by wearing my reading or other
specs when I'm shooting.  I prefer to let the AF do the work.

Chuck Norcutt