[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:31:36 -0400
<big snip>

 >We arrived back in Marietta early Tuesday morning to get things going on
fixing the AC, only to find >we had no dial tone, and, of course, no DSL
either.  It seems that Monday night the spawn of some >moronically and
recklessly over-indulgent parents had lost control of his high school
graduation >present on the curve by the entrance to our subdivision and
demolished the big, green box with the >telephone apparatus in it that
serves hundreds of people.  Unfortunately, the brat survived,
but >fortunately, the Saleen Mustang he was driving was totaled.  What kind
of brain-dead, too-rich yuppie >scum would buy a 17-year-old a Saleen
Mustang anyway?  They should be shot.  I've put that on my list >of things
to do when I get time.

<big snip>

Jeez Walt, had I known of your dilemma you and the missus could have come
over here and drunk beer, worked on the computer, watched TV and conducted
other important business in the temperature range you (and I) are partial
to.  Shoot, I'd've even got the kind of beer you like.  Glad things got
worked out for you.  Thanks for mailing the camera.  Under the
circumstances you could've waited a few days.

OM content:  Hope your photography groove returned and that the OM-1 was
put to good use.  After I found a $15 OM-2 three years ago my OM-1N was put
on the tripod and relegated to eBay photo duties.  A few months ago, in
anticipation of eventually receiving the Odyssey camera, I loaded up some
film in the 1-N for a refresher course in straight manual exposures.  It
should be interesting to compare the feel of a newly cla'd body to the
older bodies.  Plus, I should be able to compare meter readings as well.
(John H., you calibrated the meter, didn't you?)

Gary

P.S.  If the Texans, Okies and other Westerners would simply stop calling
their version of cooked beef barbecue and call it what is truly is-brisket
(on or off the bone)-then we could limit the sure to  ensue discussion to
bbq sauce.  Some of the very best brisket I've eaten has been in Texas and
Oklahoma.  But, it ain't barbecue.