[OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:35:53 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Not sure I would agree with the earned stereotype part. I have been
> treated rudely and been cheated in other states and I am a pretty low
> profile guy in person. Montana relatives tell me I need to park my
> car with California plates out of sight and shrug it off as normal
> local behavior. For things like car service there is the local price
> and the exorbitant California price.  I have also been given similar
> advice in Washington state, although I have never had a problem
> there.  A writer I enjoy and who lives near Taos, New Mexico jokes
> that the main industry there is cheating tourists and retirees.
So what is the best state in which to buy a used car for a round the
country jaunt? I used to fantasize about buying a used Camaro or
Firebird in Alabama for cruising around the Gulf Coast and South. Then I
couldn't get in trouble until I opened my mouth. :-)
> So should I make jokes about rudeness, dishonest treatment, and bigotry of
> people who live in other states? Don't think so. They might lose their sense
> of humor. Hmm.

Descend to their level? Never! ;-)

Moose