[OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown

Subject: [OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:09:04 +0000
Is there anything in the entire realm of human endeavor, whether foolish or
sublime, that is not practiced by at least one of us?  I am constantly amazed,
and amused, to learn about some of the avocations and shenanigans of my fellow
listees.  Makes me feel better about some of the stuff I do and causes me to
believe I'm actually almost sane and nearly normal.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

--snip--
> I haven't flown competitively for the past two seasons as the
> cost of competition has gone up so much. We're doing stunts now
> that my collection of kites just will not do.  Instead of buying
> a couple thousand dollars in new stuff, I've just been nursing
> my old stuff along as long as possible.  Last competition I was
> in the others were doing manouvers which would have caused mine
> to literally fall apart or out of the sky.  A major benefit of
> the modern stunt kites, though, is that they don't have nearly
> as much pull as my older ones and are much easier on my wrists.
--snip--