[OM] Re: car trip shots

Subject: [OM] Re: car trip shots
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:59:30 -0400
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I think you said your scans were from Wal-Mart.  If so I assume they're
> right out of the Fuji Frontier and are probably the same 2MP (or
> thereabouts) image they use for 4x6 prints.  Probably a pretty good scan.

They're from Costco & I'm pretty sure it is a Fuji scanner. Scans are
~3000x2048 pixels, at least that's what photosle says, so I assume ~6MP.
JPG file size ~2 to 4 MB.

> As to the software I'm sure you'll get 1,000 suggestions

Hope I haven't started the camera equivalent of an oil or tire thread.
They're dreaded on motorcycle lists and usually reserved for the Winter
months.

  but if you
> don't want to go the full freight for full blown PhotoShop try PhotoShop
> Elements 4.  It'll probably do what you need.  You can download a free
> trial.  <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/>

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Only gotcha is that system req's
say windoze XP. I'm running ME. Probably have to wait for a cpu upgrade
(which is more than overdue) & will likely do it this winter when I have
the time to prep a new machine.

Thanks again,
Russ