[OM] Re: car trip shots

Subject: [OM] Re: car trip shots
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 20:07:45 -0400
Christos Stavrou wrote:
> There are some great compositions here...
> (see for example: winter in NJ (the 1st), late March in AZ, Chinle,  White
> Sands, driving across )
>
> I especially like the monochromatic approach and restricted pallette of
> colours complimented by some minimalist approach of abstraction. An emphasis
> on shapes and space but avoiding extreme stylisation. The common
> characteristic, that I perceive with pleasure, is the search for expression,
> for a way to communicate the personal experience and subjective emotion.
>
> Regards
> Christos

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to look at
the pictures. I was puzzled by your comment "monochromatic approach and
restricted pallette of colours" as that wasn't my conscious intention.
Then I looked them over and you are of course right, there's very little
color in most. I guess that pleased me when I selected the samples.

Thanks again,

Russ Butler