[OM] Re: Was OM to EOS adapter now PP confirmed addy

Subject: [OM] Re: Was OM to EOS adapter now PP confirmed addy
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:43:15 -0700
This is even more confusing. They verified my address by depositing 2 cents
in my checking account. Perhaps they also did something with the credit card
company that I'm not aware of. At the time they seemed to be depending upon
the bank to have "verified my address".  This was perhaps 5 years ago.

... and of course I haven't lived at my verified address for about 5 years
but that doesn't cause problems for anyone.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

AFAIK, the rules regarding VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, etc. in this land
are pretty much the same as in the US. We have much the same legal
system as the UK and Canada when it comes to these sort of things and
people there seem to be able to get confirmed.
RThis was PP's more detailed explanation -

"We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
PayPal uses
an Automated Verification System to verify credit card billing addresses
that are entered on the system. If a credit card billing address
passes the
Automated Verification System check, the credit card billing address
will
be confirmed. Please be advised that PayPal Australian account
holders can
not have a confirmed address as card issuers in Australia do not have
the
facility yet to do the Automated Verification System. As much as we
would
like our account holders to have a confirmed address, this matter would
depend still from your credit issuer."

-snip

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx